About Me

My photo
"It is always the simple things that change our lives. And these things never happen when you are looking for them to happen. Life will reveal answers at the pace life wishes to do so. You feel like running, but life is on a stroll. This is how God does things" Donald Miller

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Original Paris Opera House

One of my favorite places in Paris was the Opera House.  I loved walking through old building. This was literally one of the most extravagant, breathtaking places I visited during my time in Europe.  This it the ORIGINAL opera house in Paris, so it's old, charming, and beautiful all at the same time.  The pictures just don't even do the place justice.  Enjoy :)

Grand Staircase.

Ceiling in the above the Grand Staircase

So fancy!

Inside the theatre.  I'd hoped to find a cheap ticket that day, so I could experience it.  However, a cheap, single seat was around $170, plus, I only had travel clothes, nothing fancy enough to attend the opera in.  But it was fun to explore the building.  I wandered around for about 3 hours.  I couldn't imagine seeing a show or being lucky enough to perform there.  Quite amazing. 

Mimics the Hall of Mirrors in Versailles

They had some of the costumes used in the different operas showcased.  They were so extravagant and beautiful.  Such craftmanship involved in making the costumes.  They employ seamstresses, cobblers, leather makers, clothing dyers, and the list goes on and on.  It takes hundreds of people to do the scenery and costumes alone. 

A collage of the costume work.  I was fascinated by this.  I guess I had never stopped and thought about the work that goes on behind the scene to make sure everyone and everything looks authentic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment