About Me

My photo
"It is always the simple things that change our lives. And these things never happen when you are looking for them to happen. Life will reveal answers at the pace life wishes to do so. You feel like running, but life is on a stroll. This is how God does things" Donald Miller

Friday, July 12, 2013

Berlin, Germany

I cannot even explain how late I am to finish posting all of the pictures from my European adventure.  But better late than never.  So here I go. 

After finishing up my time in Finland, I headed to Germany for a week of fun.  As soon as I arrived, Meredith and I packed a small bag and headed to Berlin.  We stayed for around four days, but I think, thanks to her fantastic German boyfriend who served as tour guide, we saw all the "must-see" sites.  We rode the train from Munich to Berlin and arrived late afternoon.  As soon as we arrived, we hit the ground running, almost literally.  There was a lot to see and no time to waste!  I loved Berlin, it was such a modern, edgy city.  While there, we stayed with Meredith's boyfriend's Aunt and two daughters.  It was so lovely to have a nice, warm, homey apartment to return to every night and rest our weary feet. We were so appreciative of Julius and his Aunt for allowing us to stay, it definitely made the trip much more affordable.  Overall, it was a great few days in Berlin.  Below are some of the highlights from the four days! 



Reichstag Building...German Parliment

Memorial for the Murdered Jews of Europe.  Very interesting.

Again, the Memorial.

Meredith and I in front of the Brandenburg Gate, very historical site in Berlin

I can't remember what this building was, but it sure was pretty :)

Berlin Wall Memorial.  These are pictures of all who lost their lives while trying to cross the wall.

In front of a portion of the wall that still remains.

Preserved portion of the Berlin Wall with the watchtower and dead space.  It was really interesting to see what it looked like back in the day.  Hard to believe this really wasn't too long ago in world history.

Being super scholarly at the museum. 

Ishtar Gate...Babylon/Mesopotamia.  Probably the oldest thing I've ever seen in my life.  It was huge and beautiful. 

Night view of the Brandenburg Gate

Loved the art that was scattered throughout the city.


Divas

Lovin' Berlin :)

Late night walk past the President's home.

No comments:

Post a Comment