About Me

My photo
"It is always the simple things that change our lives. And these things never happen when you are looking for them to happen. Life will reveal answers at the pace life wishes to do so. You feel like running, but life is on a stroll. This is how God does things" Donald Miller

Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Nuremberg Trials

The only "must-see" during my time in Germany was Nuremberg.  After spending four months in Africa working for an international court, I wanted to go see the one that started it all.  The town of Nuremberg was so beautiful and quant.  The medieval city center is still very much intact.  There is a huge castle on the hill and a beautiful wall that surrounds the old city.  We walked through the city, explored, had some sausages and pretzels, then Meredith and I parted from our group to head to the judicial building.  Below are some of the pictures from the day, and of course, the main attraction.

Loved the little town and its narrow streets.

Heading into the market and city center.

The beautiful river.  Such a gorgeous day to explore.

Turning the lock to ensure my visit back to Nuremberg :)

Castle

Medieval Castle door.  I thought it looked very "Harry-Potter-ish."


Inside the Courtroom.  It was amazing.

How the Courtroom looked during the trials.

Talking about the ICTR!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love seeing your photos and reflections! I'm so glad you were my first visitor from home, and I hope we get to hang out in August when I am back (so soon!) xoxox

    ReplyDelete