About Me

My photo
"It is always the simple things that change our lives. And these things never happen when you are looking for them to happen. Life will reveal answers at the pace life wishes to do so. You feel like running, but life is on a stroll. This is how God does things" Donald Miller

Friday, October 14, 2011

Surprise Birthday Party

Upon my return from Rwanda, I was surprised by my housemates and other friends by a birthday party.  I was told that we would be going out for my birthday dinner at around 8:00 p.m.  All of my housemates except one joined.  The housemate who did not come to eat is Jewish and had to have dinner before sundown (Jewish holiday).  Therefore, she decided to stay back.  I went along with the others, completely oblivious to the possibility of a top-secret birthday party in the works.  We went to a wonderful Indian restaurant called Vama, and enjoyed a long, relaxing meal.  Afterward, we made our way back to the house.  One of my housemates sent a text, letting the group at the house know we were on our way.  We arrived at the house, and pulled through the gate.  I was so surprised to see tons of people and big, pink balloons everywhere!  I had been gone for a week from Arusha, and was so happy to see all of my fellow intern friends. 

My housemates and friend did fabulous; there were balloons, a big "happy birthday" banner, party masks, and chocolate birthday cake (!!!!!) which was out of this world.  As a birthday present, my housemates had bought me some beverages for the night and some pieces of fudge.  I enjoyed seeing everyone and getting to celebrate my birthday with so many wonderful friends.  I feel super thankful to be a part of this internship group, and very lucky to have such a wonderful community of friends here in Arusha.  This birthday was definitely one of my most memorable birthdays, and I'm sure that will always be the case. 

Here are some pictures from the party!

White House Ladies...I LOVE my housemates!

Chocolate/Chocolate Cake! Per-fect-ion!

Making a wish
Overall, it was a great 24th birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! You totally deserve to have the best birthday in Arusha! I'm so glad your friends did that for you. You are LOVED!

    ReplyDelete