About Me

My photo
"It is always the simple things that change our lives. And these things never happen when you are looking for them to happen. Life will reveal answers at the pace life wishes to do so. You feel like running, but life is on a stroll. This is how God does things" Donald Miller

Saturday, November 29, 2014

thoughts & prayers for the week

For there is no one like our God. 
There is no one like our God. 
There's nothing that can stand against You. 
There's no stronghold You can't break, 
No life that You can't save. 
Our God, You never fail.

--Hillsong "You Never Fail" 

The lyrics of the song above have been my prayer the past few days.  There has been a stirring in my heart lately, a desire to know God more fully that just cannot be satisfied.  So I sit here today, on this hot, humid Saturday searching my Bible for answers & praying & thinking & writing, hoping for something.  And I don't even know what I need or what God's trying to say.  But I feel it.  I feel it in my bones & morrow & the deep trenches of my soul.   And in the midst of this waiting & wondering, there is this peaceful whisper that's been saying, "You're okay.  You aren't broken or unworthy.  I love you and if it was only you in the whole wide world, I'd still choose to die for you."  And I'm just letting that sit there, in that deep place in my soul that only God can reach & touch & make whole.  

So I'm writing to ask that you pray with me.  Will you pray that God will just touch that tender, broken piece of my heart that I've tried for so long to fill with other people & money & success & things just just keep failing me?  Will you pray that I listen & forgive & grow in ways I never imagined?  Will you pray that God will sustain me in my work and through the day-to-day struggles that seem so overwhelming sometimes?  And will you pray that God will use me, in big or small ways, in very normal day-to-day moments or extraordinary ways.  But nonetheless, that He would use every single talent, gift, ability, moment of vulnerability and streak of energy I have to make the world better for one or many, all for His glory. 

God, there is no one like You.  Thank you for using all things, the good & bad & ugly, for Your glory.  Forgive me for the ways I've hurt others and made huge, gigantic messes when I was meant to do things differently for Your glory and instead I blew it.  I'm so thankful that Your grace is sufficient and that there is no life You cannot save.  Mine included.  I need saving.  I need saving every single day.  May I be all that you intended me to be when you created me & thought up my personality, my distinct laugh, the things I'd be good at, even the things I would struggle with.  You know what You are doing.  You are God, and I am not...and for that I am thankful.  You're in charge...let's go places I never dreamed but You've wanted to go all along.  Amen and Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment